Are You Looking For A New Home?
Things to consider when looking for your new home.
As you start looking for your new home ask yourself what exactly you need from it. You could print out and fill in this table to help you figure out what you want and what you need.
Then when you start looking round properties, it’s important to scratch under the surface and think about the local area as well as the property itself. Don’t be afraid to ask yourself, the owner and the estate agent plenty of questions.
House search tips
- Visit the area at different times of the day and take someone with you – they may notice things you miss.
- Remember that although estate agents are happy to give you information, they’re working for, and being paid by, the seller. The estate agent is required by law not to mislead you, so they must describe the property in a true and accurate way.
- You can make an offer on a property with certain conditions attached, but the seller doesn’t have to accept them.
- If an estate agent asks you to pay a pre-contract deposit, check with your legal adviser whether this is necessary – and whether you’ll get the money back if the sale falls through.
- You should be able to see the Energy Performance Certificate, which shows how much energy a property uses when you search for a property. For new builds you should be given a Predicted Energy Assessment.
We don’t tend to publish mortgage rates on our website. In most cases rates are negotiable and based squarely on the individual circumstances of the borrower, their plans, assets and income.
Firco is an independent mortgage broker that has strong relationships with the key lenders in the UK mortgage market, including those private banks who do not have a high-street presence. We arrange bespoke mortgage solutions for our clients, providing a tailored one-to-one advisory service, delivered face-to-face or remotely, depending on what suits you.
Please click on ‘Become a Client, Enquire Now’ at the bottom of the page and complete the enquiry form and we will normally contact you within the same working day during business hours or if you would prefer us to contact you outside normal business hours then please advise and we will quite happily do so. Alternatively you can email us with details about your requirements to email@example.com or call us on 0151 372 0388
The above article is purely for information purposes and does not constitute advice.
Working with leading brands from the whole market, including…